Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is the first meal of the day and helps give you energy throughout the day. There are awesome benefits to enjoying a healthy breakfast, eating breakfast can help lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. Studies also show that people who eat a hearty breakfast are more likely to
- Exercise daily
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get the recommended amount of nutrients
- Not use tobacco
Most people skip breakfast because of the hassle of waking up early and having to prepare a meal, or they opt for fast and less nutritional option like cereal. Breakfast can be tastier than just eating a bowl of cereal there are many healthy options for breakfast that you can make the night before instead of getting up early and cooking. Here are a couple of options that and healthy and fast:
- Smoothies. These are healthy and helps you get your daily fruits and vegetables. Its also surprisingly filling. You can make them fast by sorting all the fruit and veggies that you want to use to make your smoothies in one bag and then blend them in the morning. They are easy to bring with you and drink on the go.
- Overnight Oats. These are easy to make and you can also prep them the week before. All you need is a mason jar, oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt. You can personalize the overnight oats to exactly what you love. After you can refrigerate it and thrill be ready in the morning. This is great because it involves no cooking and you can grab it and go in the morning.
- Muffins. Muffins are another options that you can make week before and freeze and eat during the week. Adding fruit, grains, or nuts can add a nutritional value to this meal. It is also easy to take with you anywhere.
If you don’t mind cooking breakfast in the morning you can eat things like:
- Hard boiled eggs. These are a good source of protein.
- Advacodo’s and whole grain toast. Avocado offers a healthy fat for your body and whole grain toast is healthier than white bread because it does not turn into sugar after you eat it.
- Peanut butter and banana toast and chia seed. This offers a great source of protein,vitamins, and minerals.
Hot food options:
- Egg Muffins. These are great and easy to make. The best thing about it is that you can add whatever you want, and bake them in a muffin pan. The base ingredient is eggs and you can add things like turkey bacon, spinach, tomatoes, any thing you want.
- Banana pancakes. This is a quick hot breakfast option and its healthy. You only need two ingredients bananas and eggs. Mix them up in a bowl together and then cook. You can also add fruit, nuts, and granola to make your pancakes even better. Then add syrup or honey and you have a nice hot healthy breakfast.
- Breakfast burritos. This is also a breakfast that is easy to customize to your taste bud. There is no right or wrong option for this. You can add eggs, tomatoes, avocados, turkey bacon, literally anything you like, and wrap it up with a whole wheat tortilla shell.
Adding breakfast to your diet can increase your energy level and increase your way of life. It also help your heart and keeps your cholesterol down. If you decide on eating a premed breakfast be sure to read the labels to make sure there are no add sugars and salt.